Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween, Buenos Aires, Surfing

So it's Halloween in Chile, as well, and it's not as big here, but warrants its own section of candy in the supermarket. I don't think there's any trick-or-treating, but there are quite a few parties. We're having a party in our building for one of my roommate's birthdays tonight.

We went surfing last weekend (a group of 27 of us... in a house for 16) at a beach a bit south of Santiago. The water was absolutely frigid... but with a wetsuit it wasn't bad until you fall, when all the water manages to work its way inside. (For all those worried, there were no sharks or sharp rocks or anything like that.) All in all, quite a nice weekend.

I'm going to Buenos Aires tomorrow at 10 AM to visit friends studying there (That I've been saying I'd get around to for the last 3 months...). It's a 24-hour busride, but after the Bolivia-Peru adventure (a total of 137 hours on bus in 2 weeks) I'm a professional, and 24 hours doesn't seem too bad. I'll be back on Monday!

No comments: