Thursday, October 4, 2007

So a few interesting stories-

The metro in Santiago is almost always clean, fast, reliable, etc.; without any drunks or crazy people...

But, one time last week I got on the metro and was standing next to an old Chilean man, and he starts saying "Texano, Texano!" Now, I'm not wearing my Texas sweatshirt or anything, and actually I had on a sweatshirt I bought in Bolivia. So, the way this guy is talking, I figure he's staggering drunk and probably crazy to boot. I kinda move away, and he starts saying completely nonsensical jibberish (at least I couldn't understand any of it). The guy next to me gets out and says "Careful, he'll punch you in the face." So I decide that's more then enough reason to exit and change cars at the next station, which I do, only to be followed by this man. So, I pick up the pace considerably, so does he, and I wait until I hear the bell sound for the door closing, and jump through at the last second. He tries to follow, but the door shuts in his face. If I'd had my whip, I would've felt more like Indiana Jones, but I guess that was enough adventure for the time being.

No comments: